Register an event
Event registrations are now open for the 2020 History Festival.
Earlybird registrations close Wednesday 22 January
Registrations close Thursday 6 February
Already have an account?
Login here to start registering your 2020 event.
New to the Festival?
- Create an account. The details you enter on this page will not be made public.
- Check your email. You will be sent an email with a link to activate your account and set a password.
- Once your new password is saved, click 'create a new event' and begin filling in your event details.
How to return and edit a saved event
- Log in and go to the my events page.
- Refer to the list of saved and submitted events.
- Click edit to continue your registration.
Event registration fees 2020
|Each additional event||Earlybird: $15 per event|
Standard: $20 per event
|Earlybird: $25 per event|
Standard: $35 per event
|Add an image to your printed program listing**||Add $120||Add $150|
*What counts as one event?
Registrations are per event, not per session. For example, you might run the same building tour multiple times throughout the History Festival. This would count as one event and one registration. If your organisation has an exhibition as well as the tour, the exhibition would count as an additional event.
** Subject to space
Note: Up to four images can be included in your website listing at no extra cost
Earlybird registrations close: Wednesday 22 January
Standard registrations close: Thursday 6 February
Your registration fee covers:
- An event listing in 230,000+ copies of the printed program: distributed as an insert in The Advertiser on Saturday 4 April and to libraries, visitor centres, councils and other participating outlets throughout South Australia.
- A listing on the History Festival website, including up to four images (more than 60,000 visits in 2019).
- Your own copies of the program to distribute, as well as A3 festival posters and A2 event signage.
- Access to marketing resources such as poster and media release templates, and help sheets.
- Advice and support including information sessions and workshops.
- The History Trust promotes the Festival overall through the program, website, app, social media as well as through traditional media.
Each year, we aim to group events into themed programs to make it easier for audiences to find events that interest them.
In 2020, the History Festival program will feature:
- First Nations histories (note: National Reconciliation Week runs from 27 May to 3 June)
- Open Doors/Built heritage (see below)
- Family friendly events
- LGBTIQ history
- Migration history
Additional themed programs will be selected for the print and/or online version of the program depending on registrations received.
Open Doors is a special program during the History Festival exploring the stories behind heritage buildings and architectural history.
In 2020, Open Doors will be held as a focus program, with events taking place at any time during May.
To be part of Open Doors, events must include a form of activity that helps visitors learn something about the building or place. This may include things like: tours, talks, children’s activities, displays or handouts.
Registering an event for Open Doors is no different to ordinary event registration. To help visitors find Open Doors events, they will be listed on the History Festival website and selected events will appear in a dedicated section in the printed program.
Wednesday 22 January: Earlybird registrations close (5pm).
Thursday 6 February: All registrations close (5pm).
By Friday 14 February: Event proofs sent to organisers.
Friday 21 February: Last day for organisers to sign off on proofs.
Early April: Official program launch.
Saturday 4 April: Program released in The Advertiser. Website live and bookings open.
1-31 May: South Australia's History Festival.